With unlimited KMs you can drive as much as you like without penalty
Our cars make sense for all types of drivers, whether you drive fulltime or only a few days per week
Use your favourite apps with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto without taking your eyes off the road
7 Seats • Suitable for Uber (UberX UberXL and UberPOOL) Ola (PrimeSedan and PrimeSUV) and Taxify • Fuel efficient • Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
5 Seats • Suitable for Uber (UberX and UberPOOL) Ola (PrimeSedan) and Taxify • Fuel efficient • Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Give us your details and we'll contact you
Getting your CarPass
Getting a CarPass is simple and fast. You can apply if:
- You’re 25 years+
- You’re already registered as a driver for a rideshare platform
- You’ve never had motor insurance refused or cancelled, a claim denied, or any special conditions imposed in the last three (3) years
- You haven’t been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) or exceeding the prescribed content of alcohol (PCA) in the last three (3) years
- Your licence hasn’t been suspended or cancelled in the last three (3) years
Make sure you have the following documents before you get started:
- A valid Australian drivers licence
- Your passport or Medicare card
- Confirmation that you’ve been approved to drive for a rideshare company in Australia like Uber, Taxify or Ola
Already approved as a rideshare driver for major platforms like Uber, Taxify or Ola? Then you’re ready to apply for a CarPass car!
At the moment only NSW drivers can experience all the benefits of CarPass, but stand by because we’re coming to VIC and QLD very soon!
You can enjoy the convenience and flexibility of driving your CarPass car for personal use too, and because you get unlimited kilometres, drive as much as you like without worrying about extra costs.
If you like, you can add another driver to your account, which means they can drive your car as much as they want for personal use, but they can’t use the car to drive for a ridesharing platform.
You could be behind the wheel of your new Carpass car as soon as the next business day! Simply review our rental agreement, get the required documents back to us, and then you’re ready to start taking advantage of everything CarPass has to offer.
You’ll just need two forms of identification, including a valid driver’s licence, and then a secondary form of ID, like your passport, Medicare card or credit card.
- The freedom and value of unlimited kilometres
- Scheduled maintenance to make sure you’re always on the road
- Insurance, including CTP and Comprehensive Rideshare Insurance
- 24×7 roadside assistance in case you break down
- Any road toll charges
- Parking and traffic infringements
- Any unfair wear and tear on the car
- Petrol costs
Insurance and accidents
One of the great benefits about CarPass is that we insure your car with CTP, and we even cover your riders with Comprehensive Rideshare Insurance. Plus, you’ll also enjoy the assurance of 24×7 roadside assistance in case you break down.
If you have an accident a $1500 excess does apply. However:
- If the accident wasn’t your fault, we’ll refund the excess
- If the accident was your fault and the repairs cost less than $1500, then we’ll refund the difference between the excess and the repair cost
- If you are at fault, you’ll never pay more than $1500, even if the cost of the repairs is greater than $1500
First up, make sure everyone involved is OK, and if medical assistance is needed call an ambulance immediately on 000. Once any serious issues are taken care of, call us on 1300 33 55 35 (option 2) and one of our team members will talk you through the next steps you need to take.
Servicing and repairs
No need to mark it in your calendar because we’ll get in touch with you when your car is due for a service.
We want to make sure your car is always roadworthy and ready to use, so if you don’t get your car serviced we’ll need to charge a fee of $150 for each missed service.
No problem! Simply call your account manager or roadside assistance on 1300 33 55 35 (option 3) and we can help you out.
To get started you’ll need to pay a $250 membership fee and one week’s rental.
After you’ve made your initial upfront payment:
- We’ll bill you every week, charged to your nominated credit card, on the day you first picked up your car. So if you picked up your car on a Monday, that will always be your weekly billing day
- We charge late fees if your account goes into arrears. For example, if you picked up your car on a Monday, the weekly billing schedule is as follows:
|3||Wednesday||11.50pm||Weekly Rental + $20 Late Fees|
|4||Thursday||11.50pm||Weekly Rental + $40 Late Fees|
So you know exactly what costs you might be up for, this is a schedule of all potential fees:
|Event||Fee (GST inclusive)||Frequency|
|Late payment fee||$20||Per day, starting the business day after Rental Fee is dishonoured and ending on the business day Rental Fee (plus Late Payment Fees) is paid in full.|
|Late return||$50||Per day, starting the day after the Vehicle is due for return|
|Toll charges||Actual toll costs incurred by the Vehicle during the Rental Term plus Processing fee||Per month of toll charges|
|Processing fee||$20||Per process of ticket / offence / Toll fee / dishonoured payment|
|Overdue service fee||$150||Per missed service|
|Cleaning required beyond normal wear and tear||Up to $300||Per offence|
|Evidence of smoking (scent, physical remnants)||Up to $500||Per offence|
|Accident or damage to the vehicle||$1500 (Loss or Damage or Liability Excess)||Per repair event|
|Unauthorised driver fee||Actual costs suffered by||Per offence|
|Interstate travel||Up to $500||Per offence|
|Wrong petrol type put into car||$ actual cost to CarPass to have the vehicle and engine repaired||Per offence|
|Membership Fee||$250||Per rental term|
|Lost key fee||$500||Per lost Vehicle key|
You’re responsible for any parking or traffic infringements your receive. If we receive an infringement notice, we’ll pass it onto you and will also charge you a $20 processing fee.
You’ll need to make sure you have an e-TAG in your car. If we receive a toll charge for your car, we pass the cost onto you, including a $20 admin fee each time.
Yes, all prices for CarPass include GST.