CarPass is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. When visiting this Site from Australia, CarPass is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Crh), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Collection of Your Personal Information
CarPass will be fair and open about the way we collect information about you and what we intend to do with the information. When you access, use, or engage with us in relation to renting a CarPass vehicle, or access or use the CarPass website, we may collect certain information about you or the CarPass vehicle you reserve and use under the CarPass Rental Program.
The kinds of personal information we may collect about you in relation to the CarPass Rental Program includes:
- Identification and Contact Information, such as name, address, city, state and postcode, date of birth, email address and telephone number;
- Driver’s License Information, such as driver’s license number, the driver’s license expiration date, date of birth, and the state and date of issuance;
- Rideshare Registration Information, such as Uber/Taxify/Ola driver registration number or other information that identifies you as a rideshare driver;
- Credit check information, such as your credit score;
- Payment Information, such as credit card number, credit card type, expiration date and CVV number;
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs) and other unique identifiers in specific circumstances;
- Aggregate Data, based on your interaction with the CarPass website (see the Cookies/Tracking Technologies section below for additional information); and
Use of Your Personal Information
Use of Personal Information CarPass only collects, holds and uses information about you that is necessary for us to provide the CarPass Rental Program you request from us, that is otherwise reasonably necessary for our business activities or if required by an Australian law or court or tribunal order.
We may use the personal information we collect about you for a number of purposes including:
- for identity and pre-authorisation checks and assessments in connection with your registration and participation in the CarPass Rental Program;
- to provide the CarPass Rental Program, including to facilitate reservation of CarPass Vehicles, payments, and receipts for services;
- to communicate with you about your account, the CarPass Vehicle, or the CarPass Rental Program;
- to investigate any complaints;
- to personalise or customise your experience with the CarPass Program and/or CarPass Vehicles;
- to improve, troubleshoot, and evaluate the use of our products, vehicles and services;
- to provide CarPass Vehicle support and service;
- to evaluate vehicle performance and safety;
- to tell you about other products and services which may be of interest you;
- to undertake direct marketing and/or run a competition or promotion you have entered;
- to improve driver safety and to better understand what happens to CarPass vehicles in the event of a collision;
- to conduct data analysis, testing and research;
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as required by the relevant laws and regulations.
Generally, we may use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it and for related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to perform the above functions or fully provide you with all of the CarPass Rental Program.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or insurance and servicing bookings. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. CarPass takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Collection of GPS Information
CarPass vehicles are fitted with GPS location devices which are active. When you reserve, collect and use a CarPass Vehicle as part of the CarPass Rental Program, CarPass may remotely collect information regarding the use, operation, performance and location of the vehicle (including driving speed, kilometres driven, CarPass Vehicle location and other similar information) (the GPS Information). CarPass may also collect this information directly from the CarPass Vehicle, for example during the a CarPass vehicle return rental or at a CarPass vehicle service appointment.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We send a session cookie to your computer when you log in to your User account. This type of cookie helps if you visit multiple pages on the Service during the same session, so that you don’t need to enter your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your Content and account information. We encode our cookie so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. Users always have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences. If you disable cookies on your browser, please note that some parts of our Service may not function as effectively or may be considerably slower.
Google AdWords Remarketing and Google Display Network is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook and Instagram
Facebook and Instagram remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217
Facebook adheres the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. CarPass reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information on a per request basis.